The Arts Society West Sussex Holiday 2018
Liverpool & The Terracotta Warriors
4 Days (3 Nights) Half Board in a 4* Hotel
23rd-26th October 2018
We are pleased to announce that the holiday to Liverpool from the 23rd to 26th October 2018 is now available to book. Early booking is advised as this is a very popular trip and the exhibition is selling very quickly. The cost is £461 per person sharing a double or twin room.
There are a limited number of single rooms available on a first come basis. The single supplement for this trip is £60.00.
The trip is entitled "Liverpool & The Terracotta Warriors" and is fully escorted.
- Day 1 - We travel, by coach, for the journey to Liverpool. An en route visit will be made at the Cathedral city of Lichfield for time at leisure, along with a visit to the National Memorial Arboretum. The Arboretum is the UK’s year round centre of remembrance, which honours the fallen, recognises service and those that continue to serve our nation in many ways. After time here to explore we continue to our hotel in time to relax prior to dinner.
- Day 2 - After breakfast we head to central Liverpool, for our full day in the city. Visits today include the Anglican and Metropolitan Cathedrals and the Walker Gallery. With the exception of London, Liverpool has more galleries and national museums than any other city. Since its 2008 status as European Capital of Culture, Liverpool has become increasingly recognised for the wide range links to the arts, theatre, music and literature. Another highlight will be our visit today to Liverpool’s World Museum to see the Terracotta Warriors on display. The exhibition will span over 1000 years of China’s history and include spectacular artefacts dating from the 8th century BC to the 2nd century AD. Return to the hotel. Dinner at the hotel this evening.
- Day 3 - This morning we meet our guide and visit Port Sunlight Village and Museum and Lady Lever Art Gallery. The model village of Port Sunlight was created by William Hesketh Lever in 1888 for his Sunlight Soap factory workers. Here we take a tour of the village with the guide on board our coach and have free time to explore the museum and obtain lunch (not included). We also visit the Lady Lever Art Gallery, a beautiful building now home to one of the UK’s finest collections of fine and decorative art. The remainder of the afternoon will be at leisure. Return to our hotel. Dinner is at the hotel this evening.
- Day 4 - After checking out of our hotel, we travel southwards to Baddesley Clinton (NT), a remarkable survivor of a medieval moated manor house which was home to the Ferrers family for 500 years. It has a varied past, including as an artists’ retreat and at another time a haven for the persecuted. After our visit we continue on our homeward journey.
- The exact order of excursions may be subject to change
- To download a booking form please click here and for an itinerary please click here
For further details please call Sarah Cavanagh on 01243 531256 or email firstname.lastname@example.org